Here's everything you need to know about how to add website (RSS) feeds as sources to your streams...
Opening the source manager
First you need to open the source management part of your stream. Click on the Settings menu and choose "Sources". You can also access this by clicking on the gear icon next to sources in the stream sidebar or by clicking the large orange "+" button and selecting the Sources button.
Finding and adding a source that's already on Factr
- If you know the name of the source that you want to add, you can search the Factr database to see if it is there.
- If you see the source you are looking for, click "+ Add".
- Repeat for other sources.
Adding a new source feed to Factr
If you can't find a source on Factr but you know (or suspect) that there is one, you have two options:
- Type in the full website address (e.g. website.com) and let Factr try to find the feed for you. If Factr can find a feed, it will let you know and you can add it by clicking on the "+ Add" button.
- Go to the website and look for the RSS feed symbol (it is often in either the header or footer of the web page). If you see the feed icon, click on it and copy the website address (URI). Go back to your stream sources, paste in the search field in Factr and click "+ Add". If it is a valid feed, Factr will add it to your stream.
An example of a list of RSS feeds.
Pasting an RSS feed into your source manager.
Once you have added sources to your streams, you might want to filter them so that the results match the topic of your stream. Find out how to filter sources here.